Monday, April 29, 2019

Changing systems and tools


Well... My campaign came to an abrupt end when my character finally entered combat. I really grew attached to Waverly Hardwick and the world that was forming around him. I have decided to hit the reset button and restart my campaign. Rather than starting in the tavern, I'm going to take him back to the ship as it arrives to Ayn Harbor.

In order to make this solo RPG thing work with only one player character, I realize I will have to use Black Streams: Solo Heroes. And to simplify things a bit further, I'm switching rules systems from LotFP to Knave. Why the change? Knave is classless and your abilities are mostly determined by your inventory. Knave (like LotFP) does not include a bestiary. I am going to be using the monster stats and random encounter tables from Basic Fantasy RPG's rulebook.

Here is Waverly's character sheet.


No comments:

Post a Comment